Business trips to Lithuania
The Law mentioned above is applied when an employee is posted to work temporarily in Lithuania:
1. under a contract concluded by a foreign employer with a customer operating in Lithuania for the provision of services or work;
2. by foreign employer to a branch, a representative office or a company group in Lithuania;
3. as a temporary employee.
The foreign employer should inform the relevant territorial LLE about the employee posted to Lithuania for work, which lasts more than 30 days or for construction works and provide with the following information in advance to LLE:
1. the maximum duration of work periods and minimum duration of rest periods;
2. the minimum paid annual holidays;
3. the minimum wage, including increased payments for overtimes, night work, working on rest days and holidays;
4. the employment conditions for temporary employees;
5. the health and safety conditions for employees;
6. the company’s protection measures at work for people under 18 years old, pregnant women, women who have recently given birth or in the period of breast feeding;
7. the prohibition of discrimination at work.
When between the separate business trips of posted employees to Lithuania are less than 30 days period, than 30 days period is calculated by composing all posting periods (i.e. break times between the business trips are not included).
The foreign employer should fill a special application and submit it via e-mail, fax or e-services no later than one business day before the business trip in Lithuania is started.
You may find the application here (please refer to section “Posting of workers”): http://www.vdi.lt/English/VDI_English.aspx
Documents related to the posted employees should be stored during all business trips duration period at the place where working functions are performed. These documents should be submitted to the competent authorities under their request.
Business trips to the EEA and EU countries
Lithuanian companies which send their employees in the European Union or EEA countries for business trips lasting longer than 30 days or for construction works, should inform the local authorities of those countries according to the local procedures. The LLE in Lithuania should not be informed in such cases.
Foreign institutions contacts could be found:
We will send you articles keeping you up to date with the latest trends and developments in accounting, taxation or legal fields.