TRAVELING INTO LITHUANIA
Residents from Estonia, Latvia and Poland will be allowed entry to Lithuania and will not be required to self-isolate themselves if for the past 14 days before entry to Lithuania they did not travel in other countries.
Residents of the countries of the European Economic Area, the Swiss Confederation and of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, who arrive from these countries will be allowed or denied an entry to Lithuania depending on the incidence of COVID-19 cases per 100 000 people in the last 14 calendar days in the country:
- If there are more than 25 cases per 100 000 people, residents coming from these countries will be prohibited from entry to Lithuania. There is an exception for Lithuanian citizens coming from these countries but they will be required to self-isolate for 14 days.
- If there are less than 25 cases (but more than 15 cases) per 100 000 people, residents coming from these countries are allowed entry to Lithuania. They will be required to self-isolate for 14 days.
- If there are less than 15 cases per 100 000 people, residents coming from these countries are allowed entry to Lithuania. They will not be required to self-isolate.
Revised lists of such countries will be approved and made public every Monday. The List of the countries as published on 1 June 2020 is indicated in this Memo.
Entry will be allowed to foreigners entitled to reside in Lithuania, representatives of the diplomatic corps, NATO military, international commercial transport operators, health care professionals, high-performance athletes, artists, journalists, as well as people transiting through the territory of Lithuania on their return to their country of residence.
The National Public Health Centre will continue the screening of all the people coming to and leaving the country.
APROVED LIST OF COUNTRIES (1 JUNE 2020)
A revised list of countries to which the Lithuanian borders are open shall be published every Monday. Data as of 1 June 2020:
Travelling from these countries to Lithuania is prohibited:
Travelling from these countries to Lithuania is allowed with mandatory 14 days of self-isolation:
“Safe list”. Travelling from these countries to Lithuania is allowed, self-isolation is not required:
5. Czech Republic,
18. The Netherlands,
WORK AND ECONOMIC ACTIVITY
Services and retail trade will continue to follow the requirements laid down by the State Commander of National Emergency Operations for the management of the flow of people, safe physical distance, and other key requirements for public health safety, hygiene and the provision of persons with necessary personal protective equipment.
Catering facilities, restaurants, cafés, bars, nightclubs, other entertainment venues, gambling houses (casinos) and amusement arcades, bingo halls will be allowed to stay open from 8 am to 11 pm.
Time exceptions will apply in the case of takeaway food, delivering food, outdoor catering, or when gambling houses (casinos) and amusement arcades, bingo halls have no catering services.
From 1 June to 15 June, cultural, entertainment, sports and other events shall be held:
- Outdoors, where people stay in their cars, or events with the maximum of 300 spectators. Keeping the distance of at least 1 meter between people;
- Indoors, with the maximum of 100 spectator. Keeping the distance of 2 meters between people and ensuring filling of maximum 30% capacity.
From 16 June events shall be held:
- Outdoors, where people stay in their cars, or events with the maximum of 500 spectators. Keeping the distance of at least 1 meter between people;
- Indoors, with the maximum of 150 spectator. Keeping the distance of 2 meters between people and ensuring filling of maximum 30% capacity.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Face masks, respirators or other protective equipment must be worn indoors, also outdoors in marketplaces and other public trading venues, events, excursions, public transport and other gathering places.
Nose and mouth covers are not required when eating and drinking in catering establishments, when exercising, also in the pool or sauna.
Information above is prepared by Leinonen Legal Team.