As a standard, companies in Poland pay 19% corporate tax on earnings.
9% reduced CIT rate is applicable to
- small taxpayers earning revenues equivalent to EUR 2M Eur or less including VAT,
- for taxpayers starting a new business for their first tax year in operation,
- in the case of companies that continue their activity – sales revenue including VAT, for the previous tax year did not exceed 2M Eur
VAT rates in Poland: basic: 23%, reduced 8%
Average salary in Poland: 5331 PLN gross
Minimum wage in Poland: 2.800 PLN gross
Personal progressive income tax in Poland: 17% and 32% after exceeding income 85.528 PLN
Social security system in Poland has has three main categories where the payments are made, summing-up to ca. 20,48% for the employer and 13,71% for the employee.
- The Social Insurance Institution ZUS
- Obligatory Pension funds (OFE)
- Voluntary pension funds
Special Economic Zones are widely used, and companies can be granted various tax benefits when investing in certain regions.