Article 112 of the Labor Code of the Russian Federation establishes the following non-working holidays in the Russian Federation in 2022:
· January 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8 - New Year's holidays;
· January 7 - Nativity of Christ;
· February 23 - Defender of the Fatherland Day;
· March 8 - International Women's Day;
· May 1 - Spring and Labor Day;
· May 9 - Victory Day;
· June 12 - Day of Russia;
· November 4 - National Unity Day.
In 2022 the New Year´s holidays of January 1 and 2, 2022, which fall on Saturday and Sunday, are carried over to May 3 and May 10.
Additionally Saturday, March 5, is carried over to Monday March 7.
As a result, in 2022 in Russia the following “extended weekends” apply:
· From the 31st of December 2021 to the 9th of January 22;
· From the 6th of March to the 8th of March;
· From the 30th of April to the 3rd of May;
· From the 7th of May to the 10th of May;
· From the 11th of June to the 13th of June;
· From the 4th of November to the 6th of November.
We will send you articles keeping you up to date with the latest trends and developments in accounting, taxation or legal fields.