The European Business Association has published the results of its survey where it measures investor sentiments among foreign business leaders in Ukraine. Some of the main findings are as follows:
- 75 % of leaders have a positive outlook for 2019.
- Most budget their 2019 FY on a 30 UAH / USD exchange rate. (2018 was 28)
- 28 % think now is the optimal time to invest, while 64 % prefer to wait until after the elections are over.
The top 3 obstacles for business are:
1. Widespread corruption
2. Lack of trust in judiciary
3. Unstable financial system and currency.
Investors felt that progress had been made in separating politics from business and fighting against corruption. The looming possibility of a debt default was one of the main negatives.
For more information, visit EBA: https://eba.com.ua/en/75-kerivnykiv-ochikuyut-na-pozytyvnyj-rozvytok-biznesu-v-2019/
Once per month we will send you an article keeping you up to date with the latest trends and developments in accounting, taxation or legal fields.