Due to the increasing trend of Covid-19 infections, the Hungarian government declared extraordinary legal order from 4 November, and it was prolonged by the parliament for 90 days on 10 November. It this situation, the following measures are in place in Hungary from 11 November for 30 days.
- Curfew between 8 pm and 5 am. Travelling to and from work is allowed.
- Shops must be closed between 7 pm and 5 am, except petrol stations and pharmacies.
- Ban on gathering in public spaces.
- All public events including sports, cultural and private events and Christmas markets are banned.
- Family events can be held with up to 10 participants.
- Restaurants and other catering outlets - with the exception of canteens of workplaces and hotels -, museums, baths and swimming pools, fitness outlets, libraries, cultural and recreational centres etc. are closed.
- Hotels can only accommodate business travellers, tourists are banned.
- Public schools from 9th grade and universities are in online mode of education.
The text of the government decree is available in Hungarian here
We keep you informed about the future changes of the situation. For further details, contact us.